Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Now reading

Well, rereading, technically, but at the moment it's The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. I'd read it once before about...6 months ago, I think it was, but I finally got around to seeing the movie last week and wanted to see how closely the two meshed.  Quite closely, as it turns out. Due in no small part to Blatty's involvement in the movie version's production, I'm sure. I didn't think that the movie QUITE lived up to it's billing as "the scariest film of all time" but it was definitely a good one. The gore and grotesqueries were applied sparingly but they were definitely effectively when trotted out. I was never a big fan of pea soup to begin with, but I think I can safely swear it off forever after that one particular scene. You know the one I'm talking about.

Also recommended: A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. It actually makes science comprehensible! And, although I can scarcely believe that me and my liberal-arts degree are typing this, it's even pretty interesting. Seriously. Your eyes will not cross of their own accord when you're reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment